“Responsible, educated and well-adjusted persons making positive contributions to society.”
“Positioning patients for successful living beyond SRC through professionalism and dynamic teamwork.”
Kliene Ward is an all male medium stay sub-acute thirty-four (34) bed psychiatric unit whose overall objective is to provide continuous twenty-four hour quality healthcare utilizing the therapeutic team approach.
Our aim is to assist, motivate and prepare patients and their significant others towards a smooth transition back into society upon discharge from hospital, whether to their families or a half-way home.
A day program is available and enjoyed by discharged patients, mainly the half-way home residents and one former patient who lives with his family. These patients have elected to maintain this daily link with their healthcare providers in hospital and return home in the afternoon, either by walking or using the public bus system.
Space is allocated on the ward as follows:
- Nursing Officer’s Office
- Doctor’s Office
- Treatment Room
- Seclusion Room
- Patient Kitchenette
- Dining Area
- Nurses’ Station
- Staff Tearoom
- Patients’ Front Dorm - eleven (11) beds
- Courtyard - a large gazebo and spacious fenced in area
- Patients’ Bath and Shower area
- Patients’ Big Dorm - twenty-three (23) beds
- Renovation of the patients’ dining room.
- Improved staff morale and motivation with enhanced productivity in overall patient care.
- Creation of an open, caring and respectful atmosphere among the Kliene Ward Community.
- Greater involvement of patients and their relatives in the rehabilitation process.
- Improvement in the overall environment of Kliene Ward.
- Continued professional and personal development of nursing personnel.
- Blind Schizophrenia
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Chronic Schizophrenia
- Asthma, Osteo
- Drug Depend
- Conduct Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depression
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Drug Abuse
- Seizure Disorder
- Psychiatric Consultant
- Medical Staff
- Nursing Officers
- Social Worker
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Weekly medical checking and intervention on an as-need basis
- Round-the-clock nursing supervision and care
- Social Services
- Occupational and Recreational Therapy
- Dermatological services
Source of Referrals
- New Eloise Penn Ward
- Group Home via Health Social Services for temporary management.
- To take patients out on a regular basis for Day, Weekend or Extended Leaves to prepare patient for discharge
- To visit patients on a regular basis as possible to maintain family relationship.
- To be as involved as possible in patient’s care and progress.
- To attend special ward functions and contribute as possible, so as to encourage patients and boost their morale.
- To also participate in ward functions.
- To ask questions and liase with members of the Therapeutic Team to determine if and when their assistance may be required.
- To approach the Unit Manager, his/her Designate or Social Worker attached to the ward first if any complaint or concern arises, so that same may be addressed at the ward level, before any other intervention is made.
- To attend and participate in Family Day activities.
Monday to Sunday
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.