Community Counseling and Assessment Centre
Community Counselling and Assessment Centre is a walk-in healthcare facility which caters to the entire community that provides programmes geared toward helping individuals and those concerned with them to cope with life's stressors. "Counselling" because it offers council for a variety of issues; "Assessment" because every situation is assessed; and "Centre" because it is the central place for this type of prevention.
The Centre is located on Collins Avenue, and there is a ramp to accommodate wheelchair clients. Space is allocated within the Centre for:
- Client waiting area
- Nurse’s Station
- Doctors Office
- Psychiatric Consultant office
- Treatment Room
- Supportive Care Group room
- Group Therapy room
- Psychology Office (Interview Room)
- Social Services Office (Interview Room)
- Medical Records
- Security desk
“Our efforts are focused on providing the highest quality of mental/psychological healthcare for the entire community.”
“We work diligently and consistently as a team focusing on the needs of our internal and external clients. We continuously upgrade our skills and knowledge base through training and research and use this to provide evidence-based assessments and treatment to our patients/clients. We are sensitive to the needs of the community as far as mental/psychological health is concerned. Our efforts reduce the need for hospitalization and increased disabilities. We incorporate families in our treatment programmes to provide information and support. Drug treatment and liaison services are regularly reviewed and upgraded as a means of enhancing our effectiveness.
We aim for the root of your problem.
To promote and maintain the optimal level of psychosocial functioning for each individual thereby improving the level of functioning in the community.
- To ascertain overall levels of functioning through comprehensive assessments.
- To assist individuals and their families to develop healthy lifestyles.
- To assist clients in identifying appropriate options and services available to them.
- To ensure that clients are aware of current health issues and challenges.
Source of Referrals
- The courts
- Family Island referrals
- Princess Margaret Hospital
- Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre
- Self Referrals
- Social Services
- Elderly Homes
- Department of Public Health Clinics
- National Drug Council